ABOUT GARY HIPWORTH
I am proud to be a Senior Business Adviser for SME businesses
in Melbourne and Geelong and regional Victoria.
Your biggest challenge?
My varied experience, learning ability and focus on results and finding the best way to achieve results, means that I can ‘hit the ground running’ in helping you with your biggest challenge :
- Clarity of direction
- More sales, profits and cash flow
- Discipline to stick with your plan and not get distracted by ‘1000 blooming roses’ (or emails, or phone calls, or blow-ins, etc)
- People challenges, such as low morale or productivity, or not attracting the right people, or high staff turnover
- Not winning enough leads or quotations
- Not enough free time and build-up of tension with your most important relationships/ family
- Expand or stay in your comfort zone?
- Fighting too many fires on too many fronts
- Broken business systems that deliver variable results and inaccurate or tardy information
- Managing your time
- Personal development
- Something that is not on this list but is very important to you
Are we a good match?
Can we build rapport, and trust and do we share some common beliefs and values about how the world works and what is important to us when it comes to achieving our goals and our happiness?
Let’s both make sure that we have a good match before we light the fuse.
I provide tailored business advice and troubleshooting specific to your business. Your business and your talents & strengths and your reason for getting out of bed each day are unique, and relevant only to you, so I treat you accordingly. I must get to know what you want, and why you want it, before I can help you.
Your Business advice options?
In keeping with my flexibility principles, I provide the direction and professional advice you are seeking via five different options:
- Free business tools. Check these out on my website. All are instantly available and easily downloadable and useable with either Excel, Word or PDF programs.
- Hourly basis including 1, 5, 10 or 20 hour blocks.
- Predetermined project– you may have a specific task and therefore I will quote a fixed fee.
- Monthly retainer– if you (or your team) need ongoing mentoring and business advice over 1 or more months, the most economical way is the monthly retainer option. This option provides excellent value for money because you can access my experience and business wisdom and have me on your team as your ‘Virtual Business Partner’ without having to hire another fulltime employee or business partner. We meet at agreed times (whether face-to-face or remote call) and you have unlimited email and calls.
- Access to my proprietary business development programs, including Maverick Business Revolution Program (MBR), and Maverick Integrated Budget. Prices on application.
In summary, I can help you and your team in many different, cost-effective ways to suit your budget – over the phone, in person, for a minute, an hour, a day or a week – as you need it and when you need it.
“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche
ACHIEVEMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Designed business programs
These include Excel and Word based programs for integrated business planning & budgeting, time management, cash forecasting, profit forecasting, business analysis and employee feedback, team building & leadership development and policy & procedure manual.
- Negotiated the favourable purchase conditions of Fragrance Company when acting GeneralManager of international manufacturer of toiletries, proprietary medicines, soft drinks and health care products. This resulted in a net saving of $200,000.
- Re-engineered and re-structured the commercial division of a reputable and well-knowncommunity welfare organisation within 6months. This project resulted in improved annual profitability of $750,000 and saved the jobs of 100 employees.
- Re-structured and systematized a farmer-owned agribusiness to meet all critical policies and operating performance criteria of the Board, producing a viable operation, timely and accurate Board reporting and increased cash flow of $500,000.
Management Consulting & Corporate Training
- Re-structured the accounting and administration functions of $40 million turnover Pharmacy This project resulted in timely and accurate monthly reporting/ KPI statistics for all entities in the group and the recruitment of a Financial Controller and other accounting staff.
- Reinvigorated the finance department of $60 million turnover Petroleum Systems Company resulting in key staff retention and improved morale, annual budget preparation within tight deadlines and the development of annual operating plan to restore
- Developed and implemented long-range master data processing plan, including upgrading and computerization of financial systems for international manufacturer of plastic household products to meet cost, quality and timely completion criteria.
- Established and implemented program budgeting for Department of Education.
- Conducted feasibility study for major government department to establish an international water sports center which proved to be viable.
- Designed, constructed and facilitated the first in-house National Business Skills course for Telstra directory-service managers. The five-day course comprised twenty presentations, with ninety page set of course notes.
- Designed and facilitated a variety of management development courses for corporate clients including business planning, strategic management, financial management, management audit and accounting for non-accountants learning outcomes.
Qualifications & Skills
- Qualified Accountant – Degree Bachelor Business – Accounting
- Making Teams Successful qualified
- Australian Institute of Management Advanced Management program
- EXPERTISE: Marketing / Sales / Business Transformation / Change Management / Leadership & Management Coaching / Business Coaching / Strategic Planning / Team Building / Goal Setting / Finance & Accounting / Operational Planning